Thursday, May 31, 2007

a not very exciting experiment on myself just to prove my not so true theory.

theory:
Lack of sleep causes violent mood swings. The really unpredictable ones.

procedure:

1) in order for myself to lack sleep, I stayed up for as long as I could.
2) to save myself from the clutches of boredom, I had several options.
a) have conversations with as many people as I can until they fall asleep at their keyboards
b) go to youtube and watch some comedy videos



c) play lots of "exciting games"
d) all of the above.
as a sane person, i decided to pick option d + lots of coffee



3) executing step 2.

Result:
I managed to stay up for 23 hours.

Verdict:
Theory is proven to be wrong.

~*end of experiment*~

reasons behind choice of d in step 2

  • If I picked choice a, what am i going to do after everyone is asleep?
  • If I picked choice b, what if the videos bore me?
  • If i picked choice c, what if the games that were rumored to be exciting is extremely boring in reality?
What am i to do if not pick choice d??

What i did
10.00p.m. When my family members were in their cosy beds, I had some rather interesting conversation with people on MSN . A really nice friend actually stayed up with me till 4.00a.m."to save me from boredom" + nescafe (i can't possibly spend rm10 on coffee no matter how much i love it)



4.00a.m. I went to youtube and and searched under comedy. I came across "smosh food battle 2007". that later led to me watching all 30 smosh videos + coffee



6.30a.m. I played some games at dragongamez.com. really fun games there. lots to choose from.
8.30.a.m. I finally went to bed.


What i discovered
  • There are actually people who were willing enough to stay with me till 4.00a.m.
  • www.smosh.com is the source behind all the funny smosh videos on youtube
  • dragongamez.com is fun!
  • I ended up feeling light headed instead o having violent mood swings.
new theory
Lack of sleep causes one to feel "light headed".



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Isn't the word hypothesis?

I usually feel slightly more angry when I wake up though.